1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE WILL NOT ENHANCE CHANCES OF WINNING. Only open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands, who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Tempur-Pedic (“Sponsor”), its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion, or production agencies, any companies who are performing work in our offices at our request, web masters and web suppliers (the “Sweepstakes Entities”) (and their respective IRS dependents, immediate family members [children, spouse, parents, siblings] and individuals residing in their same household, whether or not related) are not eligible to participate. Void where prohibited. By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules.
2. ENTRY PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on Monday, June 13, 2011 and ends 11:59:59 p.m. ET on Thursday, June 30, 2011(“Promotional Period”). See mail-in deadlines below.
3. TWO (2) WAYS TO ENTER:
(A.) Website Intercept Survey: Visit the Tempur-Pedic website and you may be invited to complete an on-line survey about your experience. The answers to the survey will have no effect on an entrant's ability to participate or win. Upon completion of the survey, entrant will be required to complete the Online Registration Form in its entirety, including his/her full name, complete physical address, daytime phone number, and e-mail address. Once the Registration form and survey are completed and submitted as directed by the online instructions, you will receive one and only one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (“Entry”). Online registration to enter this Sweepstakes must be completed by 11:59 pm ET on Thursday, June 30, 2011 in order to be eligible for this Sweepstakes’ drawing. Sweepstakes Entities will not verify receipt of entries for entrants. No purchase is necessary to enter the Sweepstakes and will have no effect on an entrant’s ability to participate or win.
(B.) Mail-In: Hand print your full name, complete physical address, daytime phone number, and email address on a 3” x 5” card and mail in a first class stamped envelope to: Tempur-Pedic, Attn: Website Survey, 1713 Jaggie Fox Way, Lexington, KY 40511. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by Thursday June 30, 2011 and received by Monday, July 11, 2011. Each mail-in entry must be mailed separately. Each envelope is considered one (1) entry. No copies, facsimiles or mechanical reproductions will be accepted.
Limit: One (1) entry per person/e-mail address during the Promotional Period, regardless of method of entry. Any purposeful attempt by any person to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using any device or artifice may void all of that person's entries and that person will be disqualified. All entries are subject to verification. Any form of entry not stated in these Official Rules is void.
4. DRAWING: One (1) winner will be selected after the Promotional Period has ended (as described in Rule #2) in a random drawing from all eligible entries received during the Promotional Period (“Winner”) to receive the Prize. The drawing will be held on or about Friday, August 12, 2011. Non-winning entries will NOT be eligible for any future drawings. Winner will be notified by email or telephone within ten (10) days after drawing. Notification will be made no more than three (3) times. Prize cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted, or redeemed for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should stated prize become unavailable. Prize will not be fulfilled outside of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands. If Winner is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, prize may be awarded in the name of, or to, Winner's parent/legal guardian who must execute all documents and agree to all obligations and undertakings of Winner, both on behalf of himself/herself and Winner, or prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. If an Entry is found to be ineligible for any reason at any time or not in compliance with these Official Rules, or if Winner does not respond to the notification or complete the Release within the time frame stated, or if a prize comes back as undeliverable, Winner will be disqualified and will forfeit any rights to the prize and a runner up will be selected as the Winner. Alternate winners, where required, shall also be selected by random drawing among all remaining eligible entries received during the Promotional Period. Winner will receive the prize by U.S. mail within approximately 14 days of the date of verification of eligibility.
5. PRIZE, ODDS, AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): One (1) Prize: Apple iPad®--Wifi 32GB. ARV of Prize is $600. Odds of winning in any drawing depend upon the total number of eligible entries received for that drawing. When appropriate, Sponsor will issue and file a Form1099 in the name of Winner for the value of the Prize.
6. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Participants agree (a) that Tempur-Pedic, its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by participants against any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to person(s), including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or for any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize; and (b) except where legally prohibited, Winner grants (and agrees to confirm that grant in writing) permission for Tempur-Pedic and those acting with or under its authority to use his/her name, photograph, voice and/or likeness, for advertising, trade and/or publicity purposes without additional compensation in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the Internet and/or World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval. Winner will be required to complete, sign, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and, where lawful, a Publicity Release (TN residents will not be required to sign a Release as a condition of winning a prize) within the time frame requirements stated in the notification letter. Taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner. The winner will receive instructions regarding the delivery of prize.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Neither Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for lost, late, damaged, stolen, illegible, postage due, misdirected, incomplete, non-delivered or unintelligible entries, mail or e-mail; or for interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), web site, telephone or other connections, availability or accessibility, or miscommunications, or failed computer, satellite or cable transmissions, or lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Sweepstakes, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified. Neither Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible or liable for any typographical or other error(s) in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize. Entries generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Neither Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the web site. Should any portion of Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor's sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes, and select a winner from entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Neither Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by web site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; and neither Sponsor nor its agencies assume any responsibility for any error, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, or unauthorized use to this web site. In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account at the time of entry used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules, and for entry by e-mail notifications distributed by Sponsor, the named e-mail recipient will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses.
IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR, ITS PARENT, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR RESPECTIVE ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEB SITE OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE WEB SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
9. WINNER’S NAME: For the name of the Winner, mail a self-addressed, first class stamped envelope to: Tempur-Pedic, Attn: Website Survey, 1713 Jaggie Fox Way, Lexington, KY 40511 for receipt by September 30, 2011 (VT residents may omit return postage). Winner’s name will be sent after selection and verification of Winner.
10. COPY OF OFFICIAL RULES: Official Rules can be obtained by sending a self-addressed, first class stamped envelope to: Tempur-Pedic, Attn: Website Survey, 1713 Jaggie Fox Way, Lexington, KY 40511 for receipt by September 30, 2011 (VT residents may omit return postage).
11. SPONSOR: Tempur-Pedic, 1713 Jaggie Fox Way, Lexington, KY 40511
12. INQUIRIES: All inquiries regarding these Official Rules or execution of the Sweepstakes may be directed to Tempur-Pedic, Attn: Website Survey, 1713 Jaggie Fox Way, Lexington, KY 40511
This promotion shall not be published without the written permission of the Sponsor.Apple is not a participant in or sponsor of this promotion.